| Offroad | La Suiza |
Costa Rica, often described as the Garden of Eden, is a paradise of unusual and exotic flora and fauna. And you can ride through this Central American jewel on one of our road or off-road motorcycle tours. Whether by road or trail, the riding is a joy, and scenery constantly changing and stunning – combine Spain’s Picos or Sierra Nevada mountains with subtropical vegetation and wildlife, and then multiply the fun and enjoyment factor as many times as you need to.
Because of its subtropical climate we run tours all year round. The dry season is November to May and the best time to ride. Summer is warmer and wetter.
Why tour Costa Rica?
- Great climate and year-round riding. Average temperatures in San Jose range from 19 to 23 C, year round.
- Varied terrain - beaches, jungles, volcanoes, cloud forest, coffee plantations and their associated wild animals.
- Peaceful tourist friendly country
- Strong on environmental conservation, 25% of the country is national parks
- Highest rate of literacy in the Americas
- More butterflies than the whole of Africa
- ‘Happiest place on Earth’ 2009 (New Economics Foundation)
Why tour Costa Rica with H-C Travel?
- Our offroad tour has been rated as the best tour in the World by Moto Verte (France) and Dirt Rider (USA).
- We can run our offroad tour for all levels, from easy dual track trails to one of the most challenging rides you can have, so we can satisfy all kinds of rider. With ex-racers as guides, you can be tested as far as your own personal boundaries allow.
- Varied terrain – our tours include beaches, jungle, volcanoes, cloud forest, coffee plantations and their associated wild animals.
- Endless deserted twisty roads for the road tours.
- Elevation changes and temperature changes, making for a varied riding experience.
- We are happy to welcome non-riding partners and families and will arrange
Larry Larrabure, with his friend Pablo, has been organising and guiding tours here since 1991. They are expert guides with the best knowledge of the roads and trails in the whole country. Larry and Pablo have raced and explored Costa Rica for more than two decades, they know just what will make your holiday special. With his knowledge of the terrain, trails, locals and country as a whole, plus his riding skill levels, touring with Larry is a unique experience.
Larry is a native Peruvian who fell in love with Costa Rica when he first visited over 20 years ago, he and has also lived and raced enduros in UK and is familiar with what British riders want from a motorcycle holiday.
Pablo is a native Costa Rican who eats, sleeps and breathes motor adventure sports. He started enduro racing in 1995 and won Costa Rican Rookie of the Year. He later turned his attention to endurance karting and car racing and won the Toyota Yaris Trophy in 2005 as Costa Rican Rookie of the Year.
We run what we call a ‘Latin’ tour calendar for Costa Rica – you suggest your preferred dates and we’ll run a tour as close to those dates as possible. A real personal service!
This article has been published in the following magazines
Motorcycle News, 09 Jan 2008
Desmo (Ducati Owners Club magazine), 2007
The Road, Nov/Dec 2007
Fleet 999, Feb/Mar 2007
Formula Moto (Spanish), Apr 2008
Photo and video album
Websites for further information
Costa Rica tourist board www.visitcostarica.com
| Offroad | La Suiza |