H-C Travel – Welcome to the World’s best motorcycle holidays!
You’ve just taken the first step towards the holiday of a lifetime – please browse our site, don’t rush it, pace yourself, and then, make it happen.
We offer motorcycle tours and motorcycle hire on all 5 continents, and whatever your experience, whatever you want, and whatever your budget, we have something for you. From riding Route 66 on a Harley, climbing the highest pass in the Himalayas on an Enfield, offroading in Morocco, and adventure tours in Chile to and the sublime road riding in New Zealand, we do it all, and a lot more besides...
See our Tea & Spices Tour here and article here (PDF)
H-C Travel is the longest established international motorcycle tour operator in the UK (founded in 1994), and all of our holidays are covered legally and financially by our TTA membership and ATOL license. All our tours are also licensed or approved in the destination country. Our motorcycles are locally registered and insured, and if you are on a guided tour with us, our guides own the motorcycles, they aren’t hired or borrowed. Our guides are all experienced, and all live locally, so they really do know the area, the roads, the people, and the sights - to help you get the most out of your holiday. And as a professional travel company, we of course arrange flights and travel insurance and can offer you lots more besides – it’s your holiday, so let us do the work for you.
Road, adventure or offroad, hire only, self-guided or fully supported guided tours, it’s all here. And it is all backed by our many years of experience, and our award winning team. As one of our longest standing and regular customers, Ross, said ‘I ride with H-C Travel because I know I can trust them’. As the saying goes, H-C Travel is the original and the best!
Our US guided and self-guided tour programme can now be found at http://www.orange-and-black.co.uk. Our US bike rental programme is still here.
Last update 25th May 2018
H-C Travel Ltd., 16 High Street, Overton, Hampshire, RG25 3HA.
Tel: 01256 770775 or 771755
This web site and its content is copyright of H-C Travel Ltd. - © H-C Travel 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the web site as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other web site or other form of electronic retrieval system.
H-C Travel Data Protection and Privacy
At H-C Travel we value our customers greatly and understand how important your privacy is. We collect personal information to enable us to plan, organise and run your holiday, and to make appropriate, yet personalised, contact with you in order to provide you with the very best experience and service. We act in full compliance of UK GDPR law, effective 25 May 2018, and here we explain what personal information we may collect and when. In using this website you agree to the terms of this privacy document.
Our registered office is: 16 High Street, Overton, Hampshire, RG25 3HA, UK.
What kind of information do we collect and when?
We may collect personal information from you when you visit our website, visit our shop in Overton, attend our stand at a motorcycle exhibition/event or place an order with us online or by phone. If we do not collect this, we may be unable to provide you with the information, tour, rental or other travel products that you have requested. Personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, phone number, passport information and credit card number. We maintain a record of your travel interests and the bookings and enquiries you make online, by phone, or in our shop. From time to time, via third parties, we may also gather anonymous information about your visits to our website so we can deliver relevant advertising to you.
We may use your personal information to enhance and tailor your experiences with H-C Travel and to provide you with the highest quality tours, rentals and services. Specifically we:
- Respond to your web or telephone enquiry and send you information using email, post or telephone.
- Process your customer booking, which includes sending you emails to confirm your booking status and then providing important information such as your personalised tourbook.
- Handle sensitive personal data, such as health information, e.g. food allergy, where it is needed to ensure safe completion of holiday.
- Use third party vendors such as Google (Adwords, Analytics and remarketing) and Facebook to enable us to learn more about your motorcycle tour and rental preferences and deliver relevant advertising on sites across the internet. View this link to understand how Google uses information from sites that use its services.
- May need to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against any legal claims, or when necessary, to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal activities or fraud, or to protect the safety, rights, or property of you, us, or a third party.
Does H-C Travel share my information?
- To assist us in providing tours we share some information, for administrative purposes only, with our commercial travel partners and our US subsidiary H-C Travel Inc. We take steps to ensure that these companies are obliged to keep the personal information that we provide to them confidential and to use such information only as we permit.
- There may also be instances where the law requires we disclose your personal information to respond in certain legal situations e.g. border security agencies or Court Orders.
- In order to seek customer tour feedback and to keep you updated with the latest news on our tours and rentals we use the third parties shown in section 3, such as SurveyMonkey and Mailchimp, a CRM supplier and web agency.
- We never sell our data to third parties.
How long does H-C Travel retain personal data?
- Enquiries and quotes made through our website or in hardcopy are deleted after 60 days.
- In order to comply with UK legislation, emails, booking forms, printed booking records and personal data held on our CRM database are held for 7 years.
What about links to other websites?
For your convenience, our website may contain links to other companies' sites which may have privacy notices that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the content or practices of any linked sites. We recommend that you review the privacy notice of any site that you access through our sites.
How do I Opt-in or Opt-out of promotional communications?
We want you to be happy to hear from us and only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us!
- To subscribe to receive promotional information such as special offers, events and new tours please complete the email newsletter sign up form on our home page.
- To unsubscribe please use the footer at the end of our email newsletter or contact us on email@example.com or telephone: 01256 771770.
How do I access or change my information?
You can ask us for access to your personal information - to view it, update it or to erase it. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01256 771770.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about our communication with you or the personal information we hold.